Cybersecurity Awareness Training In Nashville & Middle Tennessee
If employees lack cybersecurity awareness and training, the organization runs a high risk of being attacked.
As cybercriminals continue making headlines around the world with expensive and damaging cyberattacks, such as ransomware attacks, it is crucial for all organizations, large and small, to know about cyber threats and how to prevent them. Employees are valuable assets to a business, but they are also considered to be insider threats, the most significant point of failure when it comes to security vulnerabilities.
Having the right cybersecurity measures in place will definitely help your Nashville & Middle Tennessee organization to protect sensitive data. However, if employees lack cybersecurity awareness and training, the organization still runs a very high risk of being attacked, no matter how much an organization invests in the right security measures and infrastructure.
Cybersecurity and Cyberattacks Impact Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Cybersecurity involves technologies and processes in the practice of protecting systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks. A cyberattack is any attempt to expose, alter, disable, destroy, steal, or gain information through unauthorized access.
Employees need to be aware of the types of cyber threats and attacks. They need to know how to identify threats to prevent attacks. There are many cyber threats that can lead to cyberattacks, such as:
- Email Scams
- Weak Passwords
- Unsafe Websites
- Trojan Horse
Reasons Why Cybersecurity Awareness Training is Important
According to Security Magazine, the average cost of a data breach for a small business is $36,000 to $50,000. Of course, this number is much greater when we look at large successful businesses. It was also reported that 60% of small businesses went out of business within 6 months of falling victims to cyberattacks, according to Keeper Security and the Ponemon Institute. Running the risk of closing your doors forever due to a crippling cyberattack is just one of the many reasons to implement Cybersecurity Awareness Training. Here are some additional reasons why cybersecurity awareness training is critical in Nashville and Middle Tennessee:
- To Prevent Breaches and Attacks – It doesn’t get simpler than this first reason, Cybersecurity Awareness Training prevents breaches and attacks. The more your employees know how to identify threats, the safer your sensitive data is.
- Save Money – Cyberattacks can be very costly for organizations. Investing in Cybersecurity Awareness Training can save a business hundreds of thousands of dollars due to:
- Loss of Revenue
- Reputation Damage
- Loss of Clients
- Operational Disruptions
- Intellectual Property (IP) Cyber Theft
- Theft of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Compromised Client Data, Sensitive Business Information, and Equipment
- Customer Confidence – Customers are aware of cyber threats, and they want to feel safe and secure. Improving awareness and training by educating your staff will show your customers that your organization is responsible and proactive.
- Improve Employee Wellbeing – According to a study conducted by Kaspersky Lab, 69% of the people surveyed reported having extra stress due to the news of cyber incidents. Employees will feel less anxiety if they are aware of cyber threats and company-wide security practices.
- Cyber Crimes Are Here to Stay – Finally, many industries rely heavily on technology. As technology advances and evolves, so do cybercriminals and their behaviors. Technology is not going anywhere, and neither are cybercrimes. It is imperative that all organizations have an ongoing Cybersecurity Awareness Training program.
- Create a Culture of Cybersecurity – Your employees can act as your first line of defense against cyberattacks. By training your employees about safe online computing, strong passwords, and more, you can ensure the confidentiality of sensitive business data.
There are many reasons for an organization to implement a Cybersecurity Awareness Training program in your Nashville and Middle Tennessee organization. Your organization’s cybersecurity is only as strong as your weakest employee. Without awareness and training, your employees run the risk of exposing vulnerabilities that could potentially cripple your business by falling victim to a devastating cyberattack.
Cybersecurity Training For Organizations In Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Safe Network Solutions is here to help all Nashville and Middle Tennessee organizations implement cybersecurity awareness training programs. Maintaining an effective security posture is essential in safeguarding your sensitive data. Contact us to learn how we can protect your business, improve efficiency, and grow your business with IT Support from Safe Network Solutions. Call (615) 522-0080 and arrange a cybersecurity awareness training consultation with our cybersecurity training professionals.